Wednesday 14 March 2012

Ponte Vecchio WIP


I've managed a little more on this today. I'm finding everything is taking me longer at the moment, I keep going on about my wrist, but I'm still really slowed down by it, I realise I was so lucky it wasn't my dominate hand, however I hadn't noticed how often I use a brush/knife in my left hand in order to get at a difficult angle. On top of recovering from this, I'm also contending with a slightly strange infliction, swaying, and I've not been on the hard stuff! Three and a half weeks ago I finished a fantastic holiday cruising the Caribbean, I think everyone expects to take a few days to find their land legs, but I've yet to find them. I usually work standing in front of my canvas, so I can use my body from all angles and step back, however my swaying is making me feel very strange so I have now found being seated is preferrable. Strangely this seems to make me feel less energised, so I keep drifting off focus. However though progress is slow, I do have a good feeling about this work, and already feel its taking its own direction, so far I've only filled in basic blocks of colours, feeling the colour balance within the composition.


No comments: