Monday 10 October 2011

My mini canvas project






These are mini canvases 8 x 8in, both oil. There are intended of an exhibition at the end of November with my KAOS art group. The exhibition is the Very Affordable Christmas Art Fair, as the title suggests the exhibition is an aim to make art affordable to all, artwork is to be priced £100 and under.
I'm working these two alongside one another, the top painting has a thin skin of lean paint on it, to give me an idea of the overall balance. You will notice a grid on both, I'm painting them from photos, taken by myself, so due to the complex pattern on the giraffe's fur, and the unusual dimensions of the animals, I thought it would be best to use a grid, to help with proportions and to stop me getting lost in the patchy markings on the giraffe.

No comments: