Wednesday 9 February 2011

Back to oils

I've spent a while sketching out this composition on a canvas. The light was fantastic illuminating the swirls of movement on the pond. The duck had a magical glow due to a fantastic sunset. This was taken at my favourite place, Richmond Park.
I've decided I need to get more organised in my approach to my work which at best is a little haphazard, so I have spent time selecting a palette, rather then making it up as I go along.

White
Burnt Sienna
Cadmium Orange Hue
Cadmium Yellow Hue
Cadmium Yellow Light
French Ultramarine
Cerulean Blue Hue
Payne's Grey
Magenta
Naples Yellow
These colours I think will be all I need, I want the finish smooth and liquid.
I've tweaked my last painting, main difference is the line of the wash. This has been brought down, and some more magenta/brown in the water to show the sand through the sand.

No comments: