Thursday 27 May 2010

White fur, always challenging!

I decided today to move away from the face and get the body done, so I can then work out the final tonal values. He's got a white bib, and you know its gorgeously soft to stroke. This is very hard effect to achieve when its white fur, you have to use very subtle tones to stop it looking coarse. I've begun to consider these tonal values and colours in the white, however I'm not getting much help from my reference photo as the chest is very over exposed. I have tried to play on the computer to enhance it with limited success. My latest plan is to get a photo of my cat, but I doubt she'll oblige to pose!
















I thought I should post the reference photo so you can make your mind up if my painting resembles the cat.


















No comments: